Shander's Shenanigans A Week in Review: Nov 13 - 19th


It's been quite the week. I'm mentally exhausted. I have a blog post coming about feeling invisible because I've been battling that. Then today I got two pieces of terrible news, one only slightly worse than the first. Cancer claimed an amazing guy today. :( However, in his spirit, I'm trying to stay positive. But it's so damn hard. This one is for you, Colin. 




  • For Parent-Teacher interviews. Since I don't work at the school my eldest child attends, it's nice to be able to sit down with them and discuss my child. It's also a blessing to hear he's a good kid. :)
  • For walks to the park, to escape the stress and embrace the playfulness as a family. Our second night, the snow started and it was wonderful to stand under the shelter and watch it fall.
  • For book club. Attended my first ever event, and it was just the librarian and I, but still really awesome. We discussed Terry Fallis' Poles Apart at length for over and hour. I took away some great tips for my own writing.
  • For pedicures. My mom planned a morning around my crazy schedule (thanks, Mom) and we joined my aunt and cousin. It was fun - especially watching my cousin with super ticklish feet have someone scrub them. Oh, and the massage chairs - the settings never tell you where you can feel one of the nubs.  And yes, that highlighted dot under the person hots exactly where you think it does.Yeah. I felt violated. 

    • And finally, for crossing a few people off our Christmas shopping list. Yeah!! It narrows down out list, which in itself is a huge relief. We got seven people done, leaving roughly ten left to shop for (although two of these are major ones- my brother-in-law and his wife, and my parents.) Any cool gift ideas? 

      As always, thanks for reading. Thanks for the personal messages or comments.
      Have yourselves a FANTASTIC week. 

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Magical Orbs

    The original ending went like this...

    Duly Noted - Chapter 1