What Makes Me Smile

As I'm doing laundry, I take a good long look at the shirts I'm ironing for my boys. 
Seven days worth of shirts and each shirt I'm taking the wrinkles out of, is one we made together. There are no brand names tops, there are no shirts with snazzy sayings. However, there are a lot of shirts we made together. In fact, this week, every top was homemade. 

This makes me smile. 

A $4 shirt from Michael's ($3, if you catch a sale), some fabric paint and a few hours together making memories. 
When I look at the shirts, I can see the day clearly. The laughter and excitement on the boys faces as I bring out new shirts, and paints. We debate what they want (as I have to trace it out and my skills are not fantastic) and get to it. 

 Each shirt has a memory - whatever was important to them at that time in their life. Perhaps one day, instead of throwing away the shirts when they're outgrown, I can make them into a quilt or something. 

But for now, I'm happy they don't want expensive brand name shirts. That they're happy (and proud) wearing something we've made together. 

This makes me smile. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Orbs

The original ending went like this...

Duly Noted - Chapter 1