Sundays Make Me Smile

Another what makes me smile post.

Sundays.

Sundays are truly wonderful days in our house. First of all, I typically get to sleep in! Yeah!
Then, lately at least, we've been having breakfast at home. Bacon, eggs, sausage, toast and coffee. But it's not the breakfast that makes me smile. It's the conversations at the table that warm my heart.

Today was no exception.

My hubs and I recalled memories from when our kids were younger and some of the funny things they said or did. They LOVE hearing these stories just as much as we love telling them. There were lots of laughs and giggles, and no one was in a hurry to leave. Breakfast was devoured without an issue (we have an anti-egg eater, but today, he ate up with a smile.) It was an awesome way to start our day.

Then we all pitch in and clean the house, because to me, a clean house is happiness. Laundry is done, ironing finished (usually while watching NASCAR), and everyone is calm, cool and collected.

Tonight we'll have another meal around the table, where no doubt, someone will tell a joke, someone will drop part of their meal onto their clean shirt (usually me) and we'll be sharing more stories, or concerns or discussing what lies ahead for us in the week.

Sundays are a day for families, for us anyways. A chance to re-connect and enjoy each other. And for that, I'm very grateful.

What do you do on Sundays?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Orbs

The original ending went like this...

Duly Noted - Chapter 1