My review of AT ANY COST by Rebecca Lovell

At Any Cost (Chicago Gray Line Book 1) by [Lovell, Rebecca]
Martin Caiber has a problem. As the son of a high-ranking member of Chicago's underworld, he knows his family has enemies, but he never expected to have someone trying to kill him. Unwilling to inherit his father's legacy, he wants to keep his nightclubs on the legal side of things but after nearly being run down in front of his club, Martin decides that it's time to enlist outside help.


Michelle "The Hawk" Andress is a woman with a past. A private investigator who specializes in finding lost children, she has talents she is glad she rarely has to use. It is these talents that put her on Martin's radar, and after an attempt on his life she agrees to become his bodyguard.

The attraction between the two is undeniable, but when Michelle becomes the target of hitmen too, her past comes back to haunt her and puts their future in jeopardy. If they're going to make it out alive, they'll have to use Martin's contacts and Michelle's deadly aim to put an end to the threat for good, and find out if love makes the ends justify the means.

KINDLE/AMAZON 

 KOBO    BARNES&NOBLE   iBOOKS


My review. In a nutshell, page-turning! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Already a huge fan of Rebecca's, having loved and read her other novels, I was given a copy of Rebecca's newest novel. I told myself I was only allowed to read two or three chapters a night, as I had to get up early in the morning for work. Lies. All lies. 

Once I started, it was really hard to put down after the first couple of chapters, so I ended up losing a bit of sleep (so worth it). When I reached the half-way point, I knew I was in trouble. I was not going to sleep until I finished. I just HAD to know what was going on between Michelle and Martin, and how on earth were they going to be safe. Needless to say, in the wee of the night, I got the answers I was looking for and I turned off my e-reader with a satisfied smile.

This is definitely a romance book and the steamy scenes between them are great. All women would like to be as kickass as Michelle is, and deep down inside, I'm sure there are many who would like a sexy businessman like Martin. The electricity between them is palpable. But not only are there sweet and sexy scenes, there are car chases, mystery killers and thrills galore. You won't need caffeine to keep you awake - the story will do that effortlessly. It's well written and has great character development.

I'd recommend this to anyone who likes a little love with suspense and intrigue. Well done, Rebecca! You continue to make me a lifelong fan. 

Follow Rebecca 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Orbs

The difference between a Critique Partner and a Beta Reader.

Painting T-shirts