A Blast from MY Past...

Yesterday's #WIPRevelations asked :

What is the first story you remember writing? 


I couldn't wait to answer. Tucked away in a safe spot in my house are the only copies of my first two official novels. The pink one I wrote at 14, the green one according to the copyright date inside, I was 17. I call them official because they had been handwritten (oh the days before we could afford a typewriter or even a computer!). 


The covers were designed from the best stock photos out of a Sears catalogue. They were complete with reviews from Readers Digest and STAR Magazine (don't ask, I can't remember why specifically that magazine... heheh) They had copyright notices and a biography on my author-pen name. Even back then, I never used my real name, 
Oh, apparently my 'looks' changed drastically in a couple of year, from short blond to long brunette. Hahah!! 



Thankfully, my epilogues are MUCH better. 

My penmanship was pretty terrible, but it reads: 
Shawni and Joe had a great date that night. They found out alot of their differences. Shawni realized her dream had betrayed her by distorting her future. Her future was not like that in her dream but different and that is another story. 

OMG - I'm dying of laughter here. 

They're amazingly funny. But it's fun to see how far I've come since then. 
Thanks for reading, and hope you got a giggle. If nothing else you got an insight into my 14 year old brain. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Orbs

The original ending went like this...

Duly Noted - Chapter 1