BINGO and chore charts

Making up chore charts has been something I've done for my kids since they've been old enough to read. Afterall, I have my own chore chart (aka - my to-do list) hanging on the fridge that I must follow. ;)

I like to change it up, make it interesting and fun. We're all part of this household, so we all need to pitch in and keep it clean and tidy. My children do not earn money for their chores. We tried this and it was an epic fail. They didn't care.

My children, ages 8 & 11, do however, earn electronics time. They do not get time during the week, I'd rather they play outside or read or both. Their time to play with these coveted machines is on Saturday & Sunday mornings, since they get up at the crack of dawn, and I'd much rather sleep. ;) Now, with them playing their DS's, X-BOX games, computer games, what-have-you this mom gets to sleep in and they get to play. Win-win. For all of us.

So... I wanted to make the chores FUN and I like giving them huge incentive to get them done. Now, with their new chore charts, they are fighting to complete a BINGO or two.

New charts went up this morning. My oldest has already scored two BINGOs and is working on his third. Tonight, he asked what dinner tomorrow was, and how he can help with the meal prep. LOVE IT. 

I think I'm rather proud of this chart, and the excitement my kids have in wanting to help out. The odds of them actually filling the whole chart are slim, but who knows. If they do, they've certainly earned all the free time they'll want. And I'll be happier for having a cleaner house. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Orbs

The original ending went like this...

Duly Noted - Chapter 1